There is nothing worse than meet a problem in the clutch of our car . A security problem can we conceive even an expensive repair, while not always the mark will take care of the fault. One fateful day you meet the marches do not fall properly, perhaps abruptly; with an unusual to engage the gears, which can be diagnosed by checking the car momentarily revolutionizes speed excessively winless skid; a smell, similar to that of a dead animal, enters the passenger compartment; or even your car has had enough, it does not engage gears and can not move from its site. They are problems that can (but not necessarily) show a fault clutch your car . Unfortunately problems are very common, but easily preventable if we keep a good driving habits.
A breakdown of the clutch, plus expensive, it is often difficult to cover by ensuring our car. Although the problems of factory there, it is very common that the guarantees do not cover damage as an element subject to wear.
A failure in the clutch is usually a very common cause for conflict between customers and brands . Clutches, for friction and stress experienced while driving elements are subject to wear and, therefore, very sensitive when it comes to use our warranty coverage. We will not enter into a technical description of the clutch of a manual transmission, you do not catch more, just the realization that it is a set of pieces that intermediate between the engine and wheels for transmitting the motion of the latter.
clutches, like any other part of our car, may fail prematurely due to a problem of construction, factory failure. But as we told you, breakdowns by improper use, sometimes for a bad habit, they are all too common. And manufacturers will also catch any sign evidencing that was the problem to avoid afford to repair. What bad habits can wreck your car clutch?
See the complete gallery motor
1. Resting your foot on the clutch pedal . You may find it ridiculous that happen. But believe me, it happens. Any car with manual transmission, however small, is enough for our left foot rests on the ground or on a small lump space – a footrest – left pedal. Although for some reason feels most comfortable to have near your left foot off the clutch, or even above this, if you’re not engaging a gear should have it supported in its corresponding footrest. And above all, never, ever, you should support him up on the clutch pedal. Even the slightest touch with the pedal can generate frictions within a few kilometers completely wrecking the clutch of our car.
2. not step on the clutch pedal . So damaging to our clutch pedal slightly when we should not, as to not step back when we engage gears. Again we would be subjecting the transmission assembly to friction that can cause a clutch lasts much less than it should. Make sure your seat is snugly lengthwise, so you can step on the clutch pedal without being uncomfortable. Think 1,000 kilometers in urban driving gear change hundreds or even thousands of times, and each time a march without stepping engranemos While the clutch, but between not “scratch” too, will shorten the life of the clutch.
3. release it too fast . For the same reason we do not step on the pedal to change gear is harmful to our clutch, release it too quickly, or do so out of step way our movement right hand on the shifter, generates stress and unnecessary frictions clutch.
4. In the arrests, for example traffic lights, better disengage gears and neutral . Although not the most harmful for our clutch habit, keep the pedal when we stop at a red light also adds unnecessary stress to the clutch, and generates friction (if we do not keep the completely pedal down all the time) that eventually may cause premature wear of the disc. Wiring unnecessary wear and springs are also produced.
Ideally, at traffic lights or while waiting stopped for any reason, you stay in neutral, with the gear disengaged and, of course, without depressing the clutch.
This habit is also interesting in modern automobiles for another reason, use of the Start & Stop. This system, which is designed to save fuel when the engine stops only desengranamos the march and release the clutch.
See the complete gallery motor
5. not control the famous “engagement point” . All we have learned to drive – with a manual car – we’ve ever faced this problem, that of going out on a steep upward. The driver must have absolute control of the point of travel in the clutch to release the brake and the accelerator, and do it the fastest, but both soft, it is possible to prevent the car from stalling and the clutch to hold excessively halfway, with the corresponding friction that can shorten its life.
If the cabin is flooded with a similar smell a dead animal, it is very likely that we have not done well the process, and let us burn the clutch. Every driver should control this technique, without exception. And not prevent the rising outstanding not control (which is very common in some drivers), because you can never prevent all if your path going to have to stop on a steep slope.
Although for many is a solution, not me the technique used by some drivers who do not control well the “clutch point” to rely on the parking brake, hand, to exit more easily it seems advisable to avoid changing the right foot between the brake pedal and accelerator. Luckily for many drivers, in modern cars it is increasingly common that there is a system that helps the outputs sloping preventing the car pick back for a moment, enough to accelerate and we resume the march.