was yesterday’s news. Many media anticipated that would be the day when the high-flying version even faster and more powerful, the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta be submitted. But to see it you will probably have to wait even a few months, until the end of the year. In any case, yesterday’s surprise – the new Ferrari 488 Spider – takes up one of the great dilemmas. Descapotar a supercar means sacrificing performance, see reduced its potential as sport itself? mean surrender to the role of sport as a coach for hesitation and little else? Far from it. And this new Ferrari 458 Spider is the best example.
1. will weigh more, but not as much as you imagine . The weight difference between a Ferrari 488 Spider and 488 GTB is 50 kilograms. The Spider is still heavier, but within a very acceptable figure when you consider that requires a device to open and close the hood, and a series of reinforced chassis to compensate for the loss of one of the most critical elements in structural rigidity of a car, its roof. This difference in weight, so to speak, is comparable to carry your gas tank half full or half empty . No more.
The relationship between weight and power drops to 2.12 kg / hp, up from 2.04 kg / hp 488 GTB . Its weight distribution between axles, is exactly the same: 41.5% on the front axle and 58.5% on the rear axle
a.cabrio-rollover-1 margin: 10px auto 15px auto! important; left: 0! important; display: block; width: 1440px; height: 813px; text-decoration: none; background: url (/imagenes/2015/07/ferrari-488-spider-2016-06.jpg); a.cabrio-rollover-1 : hover background: url (/imagenes/2015/07/ferrari-488-spider-2016-05.jpg);
2. A 2 × 1. It’s coupe and roadster at a time (if you are in PC, hold your cursor over the image above to open and close the roof). Its hardtop makes in 14 seconds can transform your design, aggressive two-seater coupe with some evocative aerodynamic appendages that fuse its rear roof spoiler, a real extremely powerful roadster. 14 seconds, no more, no less. A neophyte, you see him with the roof closed, nor imagine that this is Ferrari 488 Spider convertible.
3. Its features are exactly the same (or almost). No matter what you buy or Spider coupe, both the Ferrari 488 Spider, such as 488 GTB accelerate from 0-100 km / h in 3.0 seconds. Top speed is slightly reduced to 325 km / h (-5 km / h). A small difference such as that seen in other metrics. 0 to 200 km / h takes 8.7 seconds (+0.4 second), from 0 to 400 meters takes 10.55 seconds (+0.1 second) and 0 to 1000 meters about 18.9 seconds (+0.2 seconds ). They are insignificant differences.
4. The Ferrari 488 Spider enjoy the same structural rigidity than 488 GTB . At least that’s what it says Ferrari. Its chassis and structure have been reinforced with new elements aluminum and magnesium to compensate for the loss of rigidity which involves removing the roof in a car. A fact that further reinforces the fact that, with all these reinforcements, the weight has only increased by 50 kilograms.
a.cabrio-rollover-2 margin: 10px auto 15px auto! important; left: 0! important; display: block; width: 1440px; height: 813px; text-decoration: none; background: url (/imagenes/2015/07/ferrari-488-spider-2016-05.jpg); a.cabrio-rollover-2 : hover background: url (/imagenes/2015/07/trequarti_post.jpg);
5. is as impressive, or more, than a 488 GTB (if you are in PC, roll over the top picture for 488 blue Spider and 488 GTB [19459003red]). Even with the roof closed, the Ferrari 488 Spider differs markedly in some details regarding the 458 GTB . Instead of the rear window glass, leaving us to contemplate the splendor and spectacle engine V8 Turbo of this sport, the 488 Spider has a closed receptacle in which the hood is folded. That vessel is flanked by two aerodynamic appendages, which in turn serve as columns rollover safety.
The Ferrari 488 Spider also features a rear tailgate with three positions and ignores the small triangular glass we saw in the rear pillar 488 GTB .