The numbers of Juan Manuel Fangio are spectacular. Only Michael Schumacher has more titles, but the percentages of the argentinian driver are unbeatable in most of the statistics: nobody got more victories, pole positions and fastest laps in relation to their number of shares The Crooked.
Fangio died on a day like today in 1995, but left a legacy immeasurable, not only in Formula 1, but the length and width of the racing world. In Engine.is we wanted to remember his exploits at the pinnacle of world motorsport.
|First GP||Great Britain 1950|
|Last GP||France 1958|
|Equipment||Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati, Mercedes|
|Cars||Alfa Romeo 158/159, Maserati A6GCM, Maserati 250F, Mercedes W196/196S, Ferrari D50,|
|Victories (%)||24 (47.06%)|
|Pole positions (%)||29 (56.86%)|
|quick Turns (%)||23 (45.10%)|
|Podiums (%)||35 (68.63%)|
|Dropouts (%)||14 (27.45%)|
|Average number of points/GP (%)||5.44|
|Average points/season (%)||34.70|
|Titles||5 (1951, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957)|
His first F1
- the Second rider with most world titles: 5.
- Pilot with more age in to get a world title: 46 years, 1 month, 11 days.
- Second pilot with more consecutive world titles: 4.
- Second pilot with less GP appearances before being champion: 15.
- Second pilot with less seasons disputed before becoming champion: 2.
- Pilot with more titles with different constructors: 4.
- Pilot with more titles with different bikers: 4.
- Pilot with the highest percentage of wins: 47.06%.
- Third driver is older in a win: 46 years, 9 months, 11 days.
- Pilot with the highest percentage of pole positions: 56.86%.
- Second pilot older in a win: 46 years, 6 months, 26 days.
- Second pilot with the highest percentage of podiums: 68.63%.
- Pilot with the highest percentage of fastest laps: 45.10%.
- Pilot older to get a fast lap: 46 years, 6 months, 26 days.
- the Fourth pilot with the highest number of hat trick (pole position, win, fastest lap): 9.
- Rider with best average position on the grid: 1.78.