Probably the BMW 2-Series, and more specifically the M2, is one of the models that more smiles out of the young -and not so young. Presented at the Detroit Auto show in 2014, served as a replacement to the versions coupé and convertible of the BMW 1-Series, and in addition, spiritual successor to the BMW 2002 that presented the bavarians back in the year 1966.
Back to 2017, it is certain that BMW is preparing a facelift that is more near than far. Ready to launch in July of this year, , modifies some aspects of the exterior, as a new front-redesign slightly the “nose”, also called a calender is essential in all of the BMW, making it larger with respect to the current model.
in Addition, it will come of series with front lights of type LED and a renewed rear lights. In keeping with the exterior appearance, this facelift will come with new wheels under the arm and a palette of colors even more extensive, incorporating new colors as the blue of the mediterranean, blue, beach, and sunset orange (in English Mediterranean Blue, Seaside Blue and Sunset Orange).
Entering the car we find several significant changes, as the new panel of instruments, or a screen of 8.8 inches with the operating system iDrive. In the event that the car come equipped with the system, Navigation Professional, the screen will be touch. The wireless smartphone charging, and built-in WiFi are some of the interesting news that this facelift of the BMW 2-Series offers us.
With respect to the movement there will be no changes as will be retained from the current model:
- 218i with an engine of 1.5-liter TwinPower Turbo 3-cylinder, 136 HP and 220 Nm of torque
- 220i with an engine of 2-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder, 184 HP and 270 Nm of torque
- 230i with an engine of 2-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder, 252 HP and 350 Nm of torque
- M240i with an engine of 3 liters TwinPower Turbo 6-cylinder, 340 HP and 500 Nm of torque
- M2 with an engine of 3-liter M TwinPower Turbo 6-cylinder, 370 HP and 500 Nm of torque
- 218d with an engine of 2-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder, 150 HP and 320 Nm of torque
- 220d with an engine of 2-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder, 190 HP and 400 Nm of torque
- 225d with an engine of 2-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder, 224 HP and 450 Nm of torque