Normally sports variants of any cohe come when this takes some time already on the market, even when it has already received its restyling mid-life cycle. It is not the case for the new generation of Audi A4. This time the Ingolstadt have decided to publicize the sports variant of its popular sedan shortly after normal variants. The Audi S4 2016 debuts at the Frankfurt Motor Show and will arrive in dealerships next year. It will have to wait for more radical RS4.
The Audi S4 is not known for having a very tadical aesthetic, is characterized by that discretion granted that then there are the variants S Line. It has a more aggressive special bumpers and a series of details that coexist matt gray with chrome and brushed aluminum. The four tailpipes arranged in the rear diffuser itself is something specific to the Audi S4. The tires are 18 “but can optionally be 19”.
The interior also exudes a sporting ambience thanks to sports seats upholstered in leather and Alcantara , the sports steering wheel, pedals and dashboard decorative details, accompanied by ambient lighting. The digital watches box 12.3 “ virtual cockpit is optional Audi . The Audi S4 also combines sportiness with versatility, offering a load capacity of 505 liters in the case of the Avant body.
As for equipment, the new Audi S4 has a number of standard features that complement the extensive list of options that includes elements of comfort, safety and technical improvements to the vehicle.
3.0 TFSI 354 hp V6
The most interest was aroused the Audi S4 mechanics. It will continue to use the motor 3.0 TFSI V6 now 354 horses power, instead of the 333 hp of the previous S4, and no less than 500 Nm of torque between 1,300 and 4,000 revolutions . Logically, it will be linked to the quattro drive and an automatic gearbox torque converter with eight relations. In terms of performance, it promises 0-100 in 4.7 seconds and classical self-limited top speed of 250 km / h, all accompanied by an interesting average consumption of 7.4 liters per 100 kilometers . The weight is 1,630 kilos for the sedan and 1,675 kilos for the relatives.
The quattro 2016 Audi S4 has a self-locking center differential, with the rear sport differential that allows active optional torque distribution. In a normal operation, this new S4 sends a 60% of torque to the rear axle to the front and the remaining 40% . Shipping limits are 70% for the front and up to 85% to the rear. The system is complemented with the function of the brakes acting on the inner wheels to maximize traction and fly over the asphalt.
How could it be otherwise, the new S4 features a specific sport suspension, lower 23mm than the rest of the A4 range. Furthermore, in terms of chassis there are other options such as adaptive damping and piloted direction, which are some of the parameters that change driving modes, in addition to engine response and change.
Source – Audi
From 62,870 euro
Article 2016 Audi S4, 354 horses for the German sedan was originally published in Current Motor.