First clash between great teams and Liberty Media

cuatro-grandes-equipos-se-enfrentan-a-li

The call FOTA (Formula One Teams Association, for its acronym in English) has been present on numerous occasions throughout the history of Formula 1 to try to defend the interests of its members with respect to legislators (FIA) and/or managers commercial (FOM).

The last occasion on which such an association was present in the Formula 1 was in the period between 2008 and 2014, when the dispute between Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone with the threat of a championship and parallel computers by means led to its rebirth. It finally disappeared when the interests of the same began to be too far apart, but now could be re-born.

Or at least something similar, as are the four big teams: Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Red Bull who, at the request of one of them, are studying to join to defend the desire of Liberty Media by matching the resources of the grill, as previously published Autosport.

These four teams receive 65% of the commercial rights for participants in the championship, leaving the remaining 35% in the hands of the other six teams. All of this is typified in the Agreement of the Concordia, which will remain in effect until 2020, but once completed, Liberty Media wants to renegotiate in a way more equitable to give them the opportunity to grow to all the teams equally.

That is something that the big four do not want to allow, and Autosport even went so far as to appoint the possibility of create two independent associations to represent the two groups of teams is clearly defined: the so-called CCB on the one hand (Constructor Championship Bonus received by the big four teams), and Force India, Williams, Toro Rosso, Renault, Sauber and Haas on the other.

it Is, in any case, how will evolve the matter, especially taking into account that traditionally this type of situations have been greatly influenced by the power that big are about some of the other teams: Red Bull on the Toro Rosso, Ferrari, Sauber and Haas, Mercedes on Williams.