GP Austria: Carlos Sainz, happy after getting “the most” of Austria with an eighth place


In the first round, Daniil Kvyat went to the pits. A mechanical problem forced the Russian pilot, who had started from the pit lane, to leave the race at the first change. It was not, nor much less, the best of omens for Toro Rosso or Carlos Sainz. The Spanish driver, however, knew how to give precedence to the circumstances of the race and got a good to eighth position, which allows you to tie it into the general with his team-mate.

The spaniard highlighted his good departure, which allowed him access soon to the top 10, as well as the difficulties they went through in their first two stints of tire:

“I Am very happy with my race, especially because it has not been easy. It was again a very good start, in the first two corners I’ve thrown in a little bag and has emerged effect, we have made quite a few posts. It took us a bit to warm up the soft tyres after the first stop, and when we got into a fight we could not fight for the top speed and we passed over”.

The Safety Car caused by the accident of Sebastian Vettel put the race Sainz legs up, and forced him to redo what they have walked. The pilot Toro Rosso showed a great pace in the last laps, which attributed to a good batch end with the soft tyre:

“suddenly, after the second stop during the Safety Car, we were almost last… I had to go back to all the grill again, all the work is done in the first stint I lost it there. We had to make a last batch very good with the soft tyres for 35 laps”.

“we Found our rhythm, we have gone ahead to hire without stopping and at the end we managed to get the second round, which was the maximum today. Now we have to make sure you have Saturday, best to start the races higher up and fight for more points”.

Kvyat continues

things are still not come out on the other side of the garage, and Daniil Kvyat had to live for the third time this year the bitterness of leaving a Great Prize in the first compasses of the same, topped off a weekend to forget after his accident Saturday:

“we Started the race from the pit lane, but I could only give a lap before having to retire for what seems to be a mechanical problem, we have yet to investigate the exact reason. it Is painful, but so are the races. Today I feel really frustrated, but morning I will rise and I will have found the strength to move forward“.

“In times like these, I always remember what someone said to me 90% of being a racing driver is hard, but the remaining 10% is so good worth. We will work hard for that 10% return at Silverstone”.