Koenigsegg One:1 is one of the sport’s most beasts ever created, the culmination of the dreams of Christian von Koenigsegg, who now 20 years is proposed to create the supercar perfect. We imagine that by that time I could not imagine, even remotely, the impact that they would have their work all over the world, how his name would become synonymous with the highest level of performance possible in a sport with license street.
Again, once more, that the One:1 would be without doubt the culmination of a long journey, of moments very pleasant, but also very hard, as he told us himself Christian in our visit to the factory of Koenigsegg. But why is it called One:1 this model? What makes it so special, even more than LaFerrari or the McLaren P1? What innovative solutions have been implemented in your building?
- The true megacar. Why a name as flamboyant as that? Koenigsegg is defined as a manufacturer born with the sole objective of improving time and time again the benefits of their sports. The one of its name and the definition of megacar would refer to the fact that this machine delivers the spectacular figure of 1 MW to 7,500 rpm. According to Koenigsegg it is the first sports approved that has achieved such a feat.
- One to One, one-to-one. Your name would also make reference to another landmark achieved by this sport, the get your relationship between horsepower and kilograms is exactly 1-to-1, 1.361 CV to 1.360 kg.
- Something more than carbon fiber. Built on the basis of the Agera R, to design the One:1 and reach their amazing relationship between weight and power, Koenigsegg had to go beyond to raise the power up to the limit that we already know, do pretty much miracles to lower the weight over 80 kg. And how are sales the weight of a supercar that has already been optimized to the limit? Koenigsegg had to develop carbon-fiber composites even more rigid and lightweight and to reduce its thickness up to the limits that were allowable for it to retain its structural rigidity and its resistance to shock. Koenigsegg has carried out an intense work of computer analysis to find the thickness ideal of each piece and had to combine the use of carbon fiber in the body with other materials such as kevlar. Keep in mind, on the other hand, the advanced active systems that are using this car (suspension and aerodynamics) also pose an added weight that you had to compensate in some way.
- 2G. The Koenigsegg One:1 has been designed to achieve lateral forces of up to 2G using tires of street. To give you an idea of what’s involved in such a thing, an emergency brake in a car usually reaches 1G, whereas in a deceleration front or side with a force of 3G, the airbag would skip them. The lateral forces that resists this sports are somewhere in between.
In these 20 years of trajectory, Koenigsegg has faced moments very pleasant, but also very hard. In 2003 the factory was calcined and was on the point of breaking the dreams of a high-technology company, but in the end a small structure, almost a family.
- 610 kg downforce to 260 km/h. The aerodynamic work of this sport and the vertical load generated at 260 km/h would be comparable to push it against the asphalt with a weight of 610 kilograms, slightly less than half of its total weight. Among their solutions to the aerodynamic active includes a peculiar system of ailerons and flaps, in some cases, separate for each side of the vehicle. It also stands out greatly, its huge spoiler inspired by the one used by the prototypes of Le Mans, which can provide a negative inclination (-6th) in parking position, or high-speed / low-resistance range to increase the downforce and to reach a maximum inclination (25°) to function as an “aero-brake” to support the brakes.
- To the ground. The Koenigsegg One:1 features a system of suspensions active, capable of lowering the height of the suspensions independently on each axis, to adapt to driving conditions. To reach its maximum speed it is capable of lowering the free height in the front up to 59 mm (from 100 mm) and on the train back up to 74 millimeters (90 millimeters). Also features a pneumatic suspension that are able to rise additionally other 50 millimeters, for example to circulate with greater convenience by the city, to overcome bumps without rubbing the flat bottom of the car or exceed the ramp to the garage.
The challenge of the One:1 was not to be equated in top speed with the Veyron, the Hennessey and his brother the Agera R, but it could well do so, and even surpass their records.
- 3D Printing. To achieve 1 MW of power, Koenigsegg has had to supercharge your engine of V8 of 5.0 liters with two systems, variable geometry turbo, both moulded under a system of 3D printing was patented by Koenigsegg. 3D printing has also been used in the molding of other components, for example your exhaust system made of titanium, with which the One:1 got to save 400 grams in comparison with an exhaust out of aluminum.
- 440 km/h: is the speed that Koenigsegg estimated to reach without problems the One:1. in any case his goal was not to enter the war with the Veyron and Hennessey Venom GT.
- Your “fireplace”. This much power requires a special cooling system, which is why you installed your feature “chimney”, which is actually an air intake, on the roof. To increase the ground effect, the base of the Koenigsegg One:1 is completely carenada, except for the presence of different air inlets and outlets function, and aerodynamics – the Venturi effect – and cooling equipment brakes and the transmission.
- as seen, the Koenigsegg One:1 had to face a curious incident in Germany. One of the few units that have been constructed is registered in Germany. And to do this they had to modernize a few databases in that it was not possible to introduce a tourism with a power in kilowatts that exceeds the three-digit number.
- Biofuel. The Koenigsegg One:1, like other sports of the house that preceded it, will also work with bio-fuels E85, with fuel-of-competition, or with 98 octane petrol. Is approved according to the emission standard Euro VI.
Koenigsegg wants its customers to use the One:1 up to down to buy the bread, which is a sporty “practical” for day-to-day.
- Michelin. Another of the curiosities of the Koenigsegg One:1 is that, for the optimal development of their services, the Swedish brand would have worked with Michelin for these to develop a specific tyre, a special version of the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, to the extent of a sport so exclusive that you can count with the fingers of the hands unicades produced.
- For the day-to-day, or so they say. Believe it or not, Koenigsegg does not conceive of the beast as only a supercar circuit. Its radicalism is in contrast with the fact that there are no missing items of comfort such as opening and closing windows, electric adjustable position of the steering wheel and pedals, sport seats adjustable, sound system with connection USB, climate control and rear parking camera. Optionally you can purchase a computer enhanced sound, a set of bags adapted to the cargo space of the One:1 or even a cancellation system, active sound.
- Maximum exclusivity. The specific details about the Koenigsegg One:1 are not entirely clear. Yes we know that its price is several million euros, as well as that the units produced can be counted on the fingers of the hands, and it would already have been allocated to their proud customers.
Koenigsegg Agera R, the dream of creating the fastest car in the world