M-Sport starts a new stage. The preparer of Cumbria has
shown the first official photos with no camouflage new Ford Fiesta RS
WRC 2017, model that will compete in the World Rally from the
next season. Adapted to the new technical regulations of the contest and based
in the new generation of the Ford Fiesta, this World Rally Car has two
large key: the new engine EcoBoost 1.6-liter Turbo with flange of 36 mm
and a aggressive bodywork that has been designed to be 100% through the computational fluid dynamic (CFD) without the use of the
The Ford Fiesta RS WRC 2017 has been designed from the ground up in a
95% and that has allowed them to play with the new measures offered by the
new technical regulations in terms of aerodynamics. Features a front
muscled with prominent air intakes and a splitter of large dimensions
that serves as a starting point of a body in which the hardware
aerodynamic are the order of the day with a few remarkable and wide steps
wheel. In your behind highlights your prominent spoiler and a diffuser that reflects the
new essence of this Ford Fiesta developed by M-Sport.
At the mechanistic level, M-Sport has developed in conjunction with Ford a
new engine EcoBoost 1.6-liter Turbo with flange of 36 mm. This propeller
direct-injection four-cylinder engine offers a power output of approximately 380
horses and a torque of 450 Nm. This engine is associated to a renewed gearbox sequential six-relations with a change to hydraulic cam
on the steering wheel. With a complex awd system, the all-new Fiesta RS
WRC has differential mechanical front and rear, as well as with a new
center differential, hydraulic.
After completing 6.392 miles of test in which it has been possible to assess the engine, the new gearbox, the redesigned system of suspensions and aerodynamics, the only intrigue by solving is to know what riders will be at the wheel of this new Ford Fiesta RS WRC next season. With the promise of being once more the World Rally Car and more numerous at every rally of the World, the great aim of Malcolm Wilson and M-Sport is able to count with the four times World Champion of the specialty. Join Sébastien Ogier and involve you in a new Ford of way officer would be a dream fulfilled.
technical specifications of the Ford Fiesta RS WRC 2017 M-Sport
- Motor: Ford EcoBoost 1.6-litre turbo, direct-injection four-cylinder engine. Control of the turbo Cosworth.
- Output: 380 HP
- Torque (approx.): 450 Nm
- Capacity: 1600 cc.
- Restrictor air: 36 mm diameter.
- maximum Speed (approx.): – km/h.
- Transmission: Gearbox sequential six-speed shift hydraulic. Permanent all-wheel drive to the four wheels. Differential mechanical front and rear with center differential, active hydraulic.
- Suspension: Front and rear MacPherson struts with shock absorbers Reiger adjustable in bump and rebound. Front and rear stabilizer bars adjustable. Stiles of aluminum.
- Brakes: ventilated Discs front and rear Brembo 300 mm with four-piston calipers in configuration of gravel. Ventilated discs Brembo 370 mm / 355 mm with four-piston calipers in setting up asphalt. Hydraulic hand brake.
- Tires: Michelin 650 mm 7in x 15in for gravel and snow. Michelin 650 mm 8in x 18in for asphalt.
- Measures: 4130 x 1875 mm
- Distance between axes: 2.483 mm
- Weight: 1.190 kg
- fuel Tank: central Position. 75 litres.