Mazda opens up a new permanent museum with 45 of its models more representative


the New permanent exhibition Mazda in Germany

Although this exposure has little or nothing to do with the os’s we played this morning, the exhibition “Seeing Red” with some of the Ferrari classic most coveted and legendary, the new permanent exhibition about the japanese firm Mazda that was just unveiled in Germany, it is not without much interest.

Although the museum is not located in any of the facilities of the brand in Germany, this permanent exhibition has an official character, since this collection has been able to be open thanks to the collaboration of the own brand with Self-Frey, one of the largest dealerships of the brand in Europe.

The new museum is located in Augsburg, 5 hours from the headquarters of the japanese firm in Leverkusen, near Dusseldorf, and about 4 hours of R & D centre Mazda. Is precisely right between Stuttgart and Munich, the headquarters of Mercedes, Porsche and BMW respectively. So anyone in that area, you can enjoy the permanent exhibits of the German marks and about half way through, make a stop to see this new sample of Mazda.


The building is a former tram depot restored.

The family Frey, who also has a concession from the official Peugeot, has been able to assemble this museum thanks to that already possessed many of the specimens exposed to in their own personal collection.

Among the vehicles that can be found in this sample include a copy of the R360 1960, nothing less than the first tourism manufactured in series by the japanese company, a 616 of 1976 (first model officially presented in Germany), a Family of 1000 coupe in 1966 and even the rare Autozam AZ-1, a small kei-car’s sporty mid-engine, and gull wings.

Next to these we find some of the regular patterns of the brand’s most eye-catching, as well as the models fitted with a rotary engine, from a Cosmo Sport of 1967 up to a Mazda RX-7 1992. In total, there are 45 classic vehicles that have been assembled in a former tram depot renovated and whose original construction dates from 1897.