New Audi RS 5 Coupe, V6 2.9 biturbo 450 BHP and 600 Nm

Audi RS 5 Coupé

a week Ago I we reported that the arrival of the new Audi A5 Cabrio and S5 Cabrio. Today we climb a step further, and we forget the body convertible. The Geneva has witnessed the staging of a new Audi RS 5 Coupe. The main novelty of this new generation in his cap range is the replacement of the famous aspirated V8 in favor of a V6 2.9 biturbo. The RS 5 says hello to the downsizing.

that doesn’t means that the Audi RS 5 Coupe has lost part of its charm, although logically sound to the speed fund will not be identical. The new propeller V6 biturbo engine also offers a performance of scandal, developing a maximum power of 450 HP and a torque of 600 Nm, which are then sent to the asphalt thanks to the system of quattro which always guarantee a great motor.

Design of the Audi RS 5 Coupé

Audi RS 5 Coupé

unlike the model S, the variants RS do offer a remarkable distinction aesthetic in your body. In this way we can see some large air intakes in the front along with the grille Singleframe in shiny black and with greater dimensions, the contours of the headlights Matrix LED obscured, logos “quattro” and “RS 5”, flared wheel arches, wheels in 20 inch, diffuser-specific with dual exhaust outlet of a large diameter and a small spoiler. We may customize it with the packages of “gloss black”, “carbon” and “aluminium”.

In the cabin, the RS 5 Coupé features a inside of dark shades, as well as seat-RS leather-trimmed “Fune Nappa”. The steering wheel sports, is flattened in its lower region and behind the spokes horizontal are the cams for the management of change. As a curiosity, the virtual cockpit, that is series, offers a specific function in that they monitor the tyre pressure, the engine torque and G-forces; in addition to a light that indicates to the driver the optimum moment to change gear in sporty driving.

Technique

Audi RS 5 Coupé

But let’s get to the really important part: its dynamic. The new engine 2.9 TFSI twin-turbo V6 has been developed from the ground up. Yields 450 CV, while its maximum torque of 600 Nm is available from 1.900 to 5.000 rpm, gaining 170 Nm in comparison with its predecessor the maximum power. This, together with the traction drive system, quattro, allows you to do the 0 to 100 in 3.9 seconds and, with the optional package Dynamic, to reach a maximum speed of 280 km/h.

in Addition to the quattro, this model is always associated to the change tiptronic, 8-speed. The brand with the four rings ensures that in normal conditions the torque is distributed asymmetrically between the two axles, sending 60% to the front, and the remaining 40% to the rear. Optionally you can equip a rear differential sports, as a sport suspension with “dynamic ride control”, disks ceramic braces and a direction that is more dynamic.

Audi RS 5 Coupé

Says Audi is a 17 % more efficient than its predecessor, homologando a combined fuel consumption of 8.7 l/100 km. In addition to the new mechanics, weighs 60 pounds less than the model that replaces, placing your weight 1.655 kg, which also helps to improve performance and thermal efficiency.

Price of Audi RS 5 Coupe

Since 2010 have been delivered some 13,000 units of the first Audi RS 5 Coupé. The new model will arrive on our market in the month of June, but if you don’t have saved more than 100,000 euros, much we fear that you will not be able premiere. According to the official statement, its price for Spain will be 99.300 € .

Audi RS 5 Coupé

Audi RS5
From 91.730 euro

.