Juan Ignacio Zoido, photographed today in the Commission of
Road safety and Sustainable Mobility of the Congress of Deputies
new senior positions of which depends on the DGT, following the resignation of Mary Followed, and the months of functioning Government are working to lower the numbers of traffic accidents this year. DGT, the Ministry of the Interior, will conduct several performances this year, which are described below:
- Reinforcement of safety zones for overtaking and more accidents: you going to fix 1,000 miles of areas of advancement, with an investment of 800,000 euros. Changing the signaling hope that the drivers ahead with more security, or they give up trying.
- Crosses smart: 45 crossings are to receive a smart-signaling that warns drivers of the presence of vehicles in other branches of the same, inviting them to move with more caution and less speed. This measure will cost € 2.4 million.
- Display speed: in some sections is critical -as a black dot – the variable signaling LED will warn drivers that they are moving above the limit, but they will not be penalized. They will be placed on 250 points, with 1 million euros of cost.
- New methodology for determination of black spots: the DGT will analyze in greater detail the criteria by which a section is considered a black point, to have a census to more realistic delicate areas of the road network. For example, it is considered more of a year between serious accidents.
- New statement of surveillance to the group of Traffic of the Guardia Civil (ATGC) and Operational Plan: traffic officers will be more aware of the dangerous behavior, in the moments that are most frequent, according to objective criteria. It seems that you meet an old demand of the drivers, that are set more in what is really dangerous.
- New criteria for the location and management of radars: the DGT will ensure that the cameras are placed in locations where they produce the most accidents, to be more effective in its preventive function, and where there are many sanctions will have a signage more eye-catching. Alleluia.
- operation of the control chambers of cinturón: More than 200 cameras are already monitoring the use of safety belts, but do not have state sanction. The technology is already considered to be ready to punish that group of rebels that still does not value his security with a system invented 60 years ago.
- Sections with display of speed showing tuition: they are warnings of excess speed, “custom”, in which the offender sees his enrollment in a panel to minimize. Not punished, but if it detects a large excess of speed, it will automatically alert you to traffic officers. Will be implemented in 15 sections -like this one in Seville – with a cost of 100,000 euros.
- Installation of control points of speed and seat belt on sections of special dangerousness: are to be installed 60 new points in the monitored speed and belt use, primarily on conventional roads, and with signage visible. This measure will cost € 1.5 million.
- Reinforcement of the signaling of the segments INVIVE: 1.200 road segments conventional in that it is frequent high-speed and accident rates will be better monitored by mobile speed cameras. Three hundred sections are already marked with an orange background, the DGT advises that at any point you can have a mobile control for X miles.
- Guide of good practices on crossings and urban roads: this measure is intended to different administrations, such as municipalities, with the aim of reducing accidents and speed, but with the common criteria.
- Signage of new bike paths safe: go to marked 49 sections of road in which it is frequent the movement of cyclists, with the federation rider of each province. This will be 200,000 euros of investment.
- Guides sound longitudinal: over 3,000 kilometers of dangerous sections will be put soundtracks on the paint to alert distracted drivers that they are leaving their lane. This will make many new models, but the vast majority of the park does not give such a notice. This technology is valid for any vehicle. The measure will cost 5 million euros.
- Measures of communication about distractions: the DGT will make public awareness-raising campaigns to convey to the people a simple message: the mobile phones are a dangerous source of distraction that is socially accepted, and it should not be.
- real Testimonies of victims of traffic accidents: visibility will be given to actual victims of traffic accidents, rather than resorting to campaigns of agency with professional actors. The measure has a budget of 150,000 euros.
- New State Plan for driver Education: the DGT will collaborate with different sectors of society to give rise to road safety policies more effective, trying to increase the collaboration between public and private institutions. In other words, is pursuing a State pact on road safety.
The total investment reached a total of 11.7 million euros
As we can see, these measures are certainly different from those of the was Followed, very concentrated on the persecution of the speed and stigmatize the cars more than 10 years. It appears that the new responsible entity are going to focus more on objective causes, and not so much in the performance collection of these measures. The measures that prove ineffective will be rejected later, and which serve to reduce the accident rate will be extended to other sections.
incidentally, although the DGT has no powers in the maintenance of roads, this time it has achieved a greater collaboration of autonomous communities, provinces and local governments, who are the real culprits to keep the roads safe for all. On the other hand, the investment announced in total represents very little money compared to the cost merely economic of road traffic accidents. it Looks like money well spent.