Max Verstappen is the pilot who more overtaking has been done on a season in which Fernando Alonso has been the most positions gained in the first lap and in which we have used a total of 15.652 tires. These and other statistics summary season 2016 Formula 1 from the perspective of Pirelli:
- total Number of tyres supplied in 2016: 42.792.
- Of them, 38.1112 were supplied in Great Prizes and 4.680 in test.
- 28.188 were smooth tyres and 14.604 of rain is extreme or intermediate.
- Were used 15.652 tires for the Big Prizes, 13.844 smooth and 1,808 of rain is extreme or intermediate.
- All the tyres supplied were recycled.
The pilots that most kilometres completed with each of the compounds were:
- Hard: 759 kilometers – Daniel Ricciardo.
- Medium: 3.597 km – Valtteri Bottas.
- Soft: 6.566 km – Sergio Perez.
- Superblando: 4.598 km – Valtteri Bottas.
- Ultrablando: 2.052 km – Nico Rosberg.
- Intermediate: 444 km – Jenson Button.
- Ends: 523 kilometers – Lewis Hamilton.
- total Number of pit-stops: 933, four of which were drive-through and 1 stop & go.
- , The average was 44, 4 per race and up 2.01 per driver and race.
- The Chinese Grand Prix was the event with more pit-stops: 66.
- The Russian Grand Prix was the event with less pit-stops: 26.
- The total number of overtaking manoeuvres during the season is of 866, with an average of 41.2 per race.
- The highest number of overtaking manoeuvres in a race on dry is 128 in China. In the wet is 64 in Brazil.
- The smaller number of overtaking in a dry race occurred in Hungary with 10 maneuvers.
- The pilot more overtaking manoeuvres carried out during the season was Max Verstappen with 78.
- The pilot more overtaking manoeuvres performed in a race was Lewis Hamilton with 18 in China.
- The pilot that less overtaking has suffered is Sebastian Vettel, with a one-time (Verstappen in Brazil).
- The pilot that most positions won in the first round was Fernando Alonso with 41.
- The team that best overtaking moves completed was Red Bull 136 (61 of Ricciardo, 60 of Verstappen and 15, Kvyat).
- The team that less time was advance is Mercedes with seven times (Rosberg’s four, Hamilton three).
* (Calculation is carried out without accounting for the first turn or manoeuvre as a result of breakdowns or voice-overs).
Circuits and competition
- longest Race of the season: Brazil with three hours, one minute and 1.3 seconds.
- Stroke short of the season: Italy with a hour, 17 minutes and 28,9 seconds.
- fastest run of the season: Italy, with an average of 237,558 kilometers per hour to charge from Nico Rosberg.
- tip Speed highest recorded: Valtteri Bottas in Mexico with 372,5 kilometers per hour.
- Highest number of fastest laps: Lewis Hamilton with 15 (3 in the race and 12th in qualifying).
- Highest number of laps led: 566 by part of Lewis Hamilton.
Test development tyres 2017
- Number of prototypes tested: 96.
- Increase the width of the tires: 25%.
- Teams: Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari.
- Drivers involved: 11.
- test Days: 24.
- Laps completed: 2.613.
- Kilometers: 12.148 km.
- Circuits used: Abu Dhabi, Barcelona, Fiorano, Mugello, Paul Ricard.
Ranking of kilometres travelled by pilot:
- Pascal Wehrlein (Mercedes): 3.248.
- Pierre Gasly (Red Bull): 2.494.
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): 2,228.
- Sébastien Buemi (Red Bull): 1.190.
- Kimi Räikkönen (Ferrari): 1.054.
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull): 517.
- Esteban Gutierrez (Ferrari): 480.
- Antonio Fuoco (Ferrari): 478.
- Nico Rosberg (Mercedes): 209.
- Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull): 200.
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 50.