In recent years we are surprising the different strategies employed by manufacturers with regard to its sportier models. The war power is on the table. There is more to see the top 10 most powerful sports compacts, where Mercedes-AMG A45 4MATIC Queen, by far, thanks to its 381 hp. But what about another of the most common strategies to get it? The trick followed by all passes take to the limit the possibilities of its engines, squeeze the most of the power drawn by increasingly smaller blocks, supercharged course . And although the leader of downsizing remains the most powerful of our previous list top 5 sports to power in abundance, in small packages , still leaving surprising results. [1.99901 million]
War of power! The 10 most powerful compact market
1. 191 hp / liter. Mercedes-AMG A45 4MATIC . Who knew? The four-cylinder AMG it is the engine that has succeeded in developing more power in a smaller displacement. And although so far, with 380 hp, and could be proud of this milestone, Mercedes-Benz has wanted to go further increasing the power of its engine of 1991 cm3 up to 381 hp. [1.99901 million]
In motor: Mercedes A 45 AMG 2016 , now even hotter: differential, improved aerodynamics and … 381 cv [1.99901 million]!
2. 168 hp / liter. Peugeot 308 GTI 270 . The big surprise comes from France. The Peugeot 308 GTI will not be far from the most powerful in its class. When many brands have now surpassed the 300 hp sports version of the Peugeot 308 is satisfied with only 270 hp. And why is this top is none other than the fact that Peugeot Sport has achieved this power using the smallest in its class propellant, 1.6 THP that we saw in the Peugeot RCZ R .
In motor: Peugeot 308 GTi 2015: 250 and 270 hp, celebrate the return of the French sports compact [1.99901 million]!
3. 155 hp / liter. Honda Civic Type-R. Not surprisingly, Honda has been one of the brands that has known better express its engine 2.0 liters. What does surprise us is how they have succeeded. That its atmospheric tradition have opted for turbo, and not only that, they have achieved a not insignificant figures for its new Type-R. 310 horsepower for a 2.0-liter, not bad, also only be sold with front wheel drive. [1.99901 million]
In motor: We tested the Honda Civic Type R more radical in history comes to the turbo Honda
4. 152 hp / liter. Ford Focus RS. sure as you had imagined. After confirmed that, according to Ford, more than 320 hp are 350 hp, Ford Focus RS leaves us another very interesting figure, to develop 350 hp engine 2.3 Ecoboost that this year had the opportunity to test the new Ford Mustang. Lot rage, although pony settle for only 317 hp, 350 hp away from the compact four-wheel drive. [1.99901 million]
In motor: It’s official: more than 320 hp means the Ford Focus RS 350 hp delivered [1.99901 million]
5. 150 hp / liter. Volkswagen Golf R and Audi S3. Technically we draw two brothers, twins with the same genes, and the heart. Both the Golf R and the Audi S3 resort to the same block of four cylinders and two liters, the 2.0 TFSI (EA888); and both develops 300 hp and are sold exclusively with all-wheel drive. [1.99901 million]
In motor: War of power! The 10 most powerful compact market [1.99901 million]
See the complete gallery motor