SEAT will invest 3,300 million euros in Spain to develop four new models


Spain will receive the largest industrial investment in its history, thanks to the 4,200 million euros that the Volkswagen Group will invest in SEAT’s Martorell plant and Navarre.


SEAT-20v20-Concept-3 E l Volkswagen Group announced an investment to the SEAT plant in Martorell , in the city of Barcelona in Spain , amounting to 3,300 million , to be disbursed over five years. Much of that money will be used for the development of four new models of the Spanish brand over the next two years.

The factory located in Catalonia and stay with 80% of investments provided by VAG for its plants in Spanish territory, while the remaining 20% ​​of those 4,200 million euros announced some time ago, will be used to plant Navarra.

The ad ran on the part of Jürgen Stackmann , president of SEAT and Francisco Javier Garcia Sanz, who serves as vice president of worldwide purchases of VAG. The first of the new models to arrive at the market will be a SUV that has its official debut scheduled for the Geneva Motor Show next year, but will also be the new generation Ibiza and smaller SUV that will come shortly thereafter.

Martorell plant and will have a Technical Centre renovated and improved facilities and equipment and in conjunction with what will happen in Navarra, will become the largest industrial investment in the country’s history.



Car lover since I can remember, the Scalextric toy cars and scale were responsible for turning

Leave a Comment