The new Hyundai Tucson is becoming one of the models most successful of the south Korean manufacturer. Since its launch in September, have been formalized more than 85,000 orders of the compact SUV in all of Europe. What is certain is that the Hyundai Tucson represents a qualitative leap for the brand in all aspects, from its design to its manufacture: we tell you why.
Next to the Hyundai ix20 or Hyundai i30, the Tucson is made in Europe, in the production plant of Hyundai in Nosovice, in the Czech Republic. In fact, the three models come from the same production line. Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech (HMMC), which employs 3,400 people directly, along with another 7,000 workers indirectly, through the auxiliary industry.
While HMMC is not as big as the plant in Ulsan in South Korea, the most important of Hyundai and one of the largest in the world, in Nosovice are manufactured approximately 300,000 vehicles per year, along to 600,000 boxes of change. 90% of the vehicles sold by Hyundai in Europe are designed, developed and manufactured in our continent. In addition, also exported to over sixty different countries.
This factory has played an important role in the expansion of Hyundai in Europe and in the increase of quality of their products in recent years, but the Czech Republic is not the only european plant of Hyundai: they also have another factory in Turkey, with a capacity of 200,000 units per year, where there are Hyundai i10 and Hyundai i20.
Eight fun facts about the manufacturing plant of Hyundai in the Czech Republic
- The activity of the factory began in 2008, with the production of the first Hyundai i30.
- Since then, Hyundai has built more than 1.8 million cars in Nosovice
- 700,000 of these units correspond to the compact SUVS: the Hyundai ix35 and the new Hyundai Tucson
- The plant has about 400 industrial robots, of which 300 are installed in the welding shop
- To the end of each unit will need to 21 hours of media, of which 9 hours correspond to the process of painting and drying
- 80 engineers in multi-disciplinary are in charge of adapting the Tucson in the production line
- Every-body structure of Hyundai Tucson is made up of 17 individual panels formed by steel sheet of 0.7 mm thickness
- After the manufacture of each unit, test it on an adjacent track 3.3 km long, and to verify their proper manufacturing and operation