The FIA has published the technical specifications and the deadlines that you will have to abide by the new riders of independent stakeholders to introduce engines in 2017. F1 needs these engines cheaper, especially some teams with problems could benefit from this, also Red Bull wants and put that condition to stay, and so get rid of Renault.
manufacturers interested in enter your independent motors ahead of the season 2017 Formula 1, will have until 17:00 CET on the 23rd of November to submit the necessary documentation to register and to show that they have the technical capacity imposed by the FIA. Possibly there is already some stakeholders, the problem is that some manufacturers today do not seem to agree very much with the riders separate, like Honda, that sees only disadvantages.
motorists will have some freedoms in exchange for creating engines cheaper. This could give advantages compared to the current manufacturers and is the fault of Ferrari, since that was the brand that was opposed to the drop in price of the power units and its pressures along with the refusal to motors with specification of 2016, Red Bull has triggered all this circus. The characteristics that must have the independent motors and conditions imposed to the new manufacturers are:
- Be able to to provide 5 members-specialists to every team that asks for your motor. The members must be present both in racing as in test.
- Should be able to provide sufficient units of power – time to cover the 20 GPs of the season and 5000 km of testing.
- to Submit their abilities and interest with documentation before 17:00 CET, 23 November. You must show that you have enough capacities to meet the specifications and minimum requirements of the FIA.
- the Freedom to choose whether they will be engines with a turbo or biturbo.
- The turbochargers must be comply with the maximum pressures required by the FIA.
- Freedom to design all parts of the crankshaft and valve train. They will only have a limitation in this sense, that is the length of the crankshaft.
- Although it does not allow a system variable, will have freedom for designing the exhaust system.
- The power unit must be compatible with the ECU standard.
- hydraulic part of the engine must be equal to for all equipment supplied.
- The power unit will not be part hybrid. That is, only combustion engine to lower the prices.
- Without the limits imposed by the FIA in regards to durability, RPM, and fuel flow.
- Will have a total weight less to 135kg.
- engine configuration will be a V6 type Turbo, with 2.5 l (2500cc) or less, with a output of kw (kilowatts) greater than 640, which may be downloaded at 530 in qualifying and race. Remember that although you may find an electrical unit, the watt is also used as a unit of power in the International System and can be transformed into other units, such as CV. In this case, the 640 kw translate into a 870CV and 530 kw in a few 720CV.