On numerous occasions we have stated that we do not understand how today, well into in the TWENTY-first century, there is still drivers and passengers who do not make use of the safety belt. It is well known by all that the safety belt is the element of passive safety most important of the car, but even so we get the data of concern of penalties for non-use and, what is more serious, deaths that could just as well have saved his life if they had been fastened.
Months ago, the General Directorate of Traffic announced the installation of a few cameras that could detect whether the driver used the seat belt. After the detection, the image is reviewed by a person of the DGT and in the case to corroborate that she was not wearing the belt is sent for information to the owner of the vehicle. This has changed in this weekend week, so because it is not informational, but with a motive of sanction.
According to the director of Traffic, Gregorio Serrano, “these two months have served to make the citizens know that we have these instruments that capture telematically the image, and have been able to see where they placed the cameras, since the location is public and can be consulted on the website of the DGT”. He has also added that “The objective is to save lives, because every year around two hundred dead travel without the use of the safety belt, a device that reduces by half the risk of death”.
these two months have been sent 331 letters drivers caught without a seatbelt mandatory. There are too many, but we must also take into account that only send images that do not offer any doubt of the infringement. By the way, if I was traveling with a co-pilot, the face of the companion will be pixelated to not be able to be identified.
we Expect this figure to drop significantly in the coming months, despite the fact that soon will be 227 the cameras in operation and not just 50, as it is now. By the way, 60% are located in conventional pathways with records of siniestrealidad high, and the remaining 40% in the process of high occupancy.
You may be interested to