Yesterday we closed the day with a piece of news is really worrying. The environmental agency u.s., the , EPA reported that Audi, Volkswagen and Porsche have also used a defeat device in your diesel six-cylinder, 3.0 TDI V6. In the statement issued not there was room to interpretations, and we even gave details of the proceeding of this system, that neither Volkswagen nor the researchers who uncovered his presence, we had provided too much data. But, in a new dramatic turn of events, Volkswagen denies such a thing. In the meantime, we remain very attentive to the news that reach us of the one and the other side of the Atlantic. And is that confirmed that the allegations of the , EPA are certain we would be faced with a worsening really important part of the situation.
1. What is the version of Volkswagen?. According to Volkswagen there is no software, nor any device is illegal, in their engines 3.0 TDI V6 (see release). Volkswagen makes sure that it is a function of the ecu that has not been adequately described in the approval process. But in any case a defeat device. Let’s say that your approval would have been a defect of form, but not a fraud comparable to that of their four-cylinder engines. Volkswagen also says it will work closely with the , EPA to clarify the matter.
2. What models are affected?. No news yet as to whether this turn of events will have repercussions in Europe, the , EPA included among the affected models to models Volkswagen Touareg 2014, Audi A6 Quattro 2016, Audi A7 Quattro 2016, Audi A8 and A8L 2016 and Audi Q5 2016. For the first time the scandal also affected Porsche, specifically the Porsche Cayenne 2016.
3. What is the version of the , EPA?. The , EPA it was very clear (see press release). These models equipped with engine 3.0 TDI V6, the diesel six-cylinder from the Volkswagen Group, would have been detected using a defeat device, a device – or better said, a software – able to make the motor work under a routine different from that to detect that he was proceeding to perform an approval test.
4. do And how it worked defeat device?. According to the , EPA, have been detected by the operation of this software precisely when it stops working, at the moment that it detects that it has conducted a test of approval. The software would be able to interpret that you are performing a routine approval, would alter its operation to reduce NOx emissions during that trial and a second after detecting that the routine has been performed, it would be able to return to its normal operation (in which according to the , EPA emits 9 times more NOx than it is approved). That transition would have been discovered by detecting a number of engine parameters are changed in that moment.
5. why Volkswagen has no margin for further errors? Volkswagen not only is in the center of media attention, but also of all research. At the moment it has detected a first fraud, and it has been recognized, all eyes look to Volkswagen to the possibility that there’s a new fraud in another engine. It was No wonder, therefore, that there would be news like the one yesterday, or even that from now on, any operation suspected of its motors can be interpreted as a fraud. We must not rule out that the version of Volkswagen is certain.
6. what is this change of attitude?. The German brand surprised us by recognizing from the beginning your error, something not common in the automotive industry, and generally at the time in which a company may face penalties in the billions. Yesterday, Volkswagen denied the statement of the , EPA, in both firmly believe that in this case there has been no fraud.
7. Why is it so grave is the situation? The lie is more serious than the fraud in the united States, and lie again, after he lied the first time, it is even more so. The case of Volkswagen is not only felt in the united States as a fraud against the customers, the society and the environment, and even the distribution network of the brand, but as a lie.
confirmed that the 3.0 TDI V6 has used a defeat device, and Volkswagen has not communicated to them, and has even denied such a thing, the penalties that should face the mark in the united States would be much higher. You will not be the slightest doubt.